returning a query as a pipeline function

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 17:17:31 +0000

we do not want to give developers direct access to query our data in
production. For java developers we are simply returning a ref cursor. We have
some other people who want to go into production with  Toad. Returning them a
REF cursor requires them to write a bunch of code to parse the output and print
it to the screen. So one option was to use a pipeline function.

The developer then queries the pipeline function.

All the examples I see involve some pl/sql loops that are piped back such as
here:

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/asktom/f?p=100:11:0::::P11_QUESTION_ID:4447489221109

do I need to

select bulk collect into the object

loop through the object and pipe it back row by row? Is there a better way?