restrict schema A from schema B

  • From: Joe Smith <joe_dba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 18:36:33 -0500

How to restrict schema A from schema B.

I have a db with schema B.  Our applications are written in C++ and they use
schema B.  We have to support a 3rd party product that will require us to
install schema A ( that supports the 3rd party app )  in our db.  How do I
absolutely stop schema A from accessing schema B’s objects?  Management want
options on how to restrict access.

Besides from granting privileges and assigning roles how can I stop schema A
from schema B’s objects?  We already use security policies and have discussed
building a separate db for schema A.

Has anybody else had this problem and how did they overcome it?

thanks.