Re: restore only one tablespace from a cold backup to another database?

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Josh Collier <Josh.Collier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 21:11:45 +0200

Josh,

totally untested and from a dark corner of my brain, but this would be my method (as a baseline):

STARTUP MOUNT;

ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE ‘<datafile name with complete path>’ OFFLINE DROP; for all datafiles which does not belong to system, undo, (sysaux?), (temp?), <yourTS>

ALTER DATABASE OPEN;

DROP TABLESPACE <tablespace name> INCLUDING CONTENTS;
         for all the not-wanted TS.

this is just a graph of an idea, not a walkthrough.

Martin

Do you have a guide or a link to how to do this? I have only ever done this with RMAN.