Re: restore only one tablespace from a cold backup to another database?

  • From: Martin Berger <martin.a.berger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Josh.Collier@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 19:48:41 +0200

Josh,

not only one TS,
but SYSTEM, UNDO and the particular TS ( + redos) should be possible to bring your auxiliary DB up (setting all other datafiles offline).
These should be small enough.

Am I missing anything?

Martin

All,

I am not convinced this is possible. I have a consistent cold backup, however it is very large and I don’t have the space to copy the entire thing to a dev box. Is it possible to restore only one tablespace from this cold backup to an auxiliary database? This is not RMAN. It’s a traditional cold backup.

Thanks for your time,

Josh C.