Re: restore RMAN backup to different server with different database name????

  • From: Jay Hostetter <hostetter.jay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 15:34:23 -0400

As Niall stated, duplicate will work.  I recently performed a disaster
recovery test of backups similar to what you are doing.  The requirement was
to NOT connect to the production database (which wouldn't be available in a
disaster situation).

You probably need to change db_name and/or instance_name in your
spfile/init.ora.
After you get your database restored, change the DBNAME with the nid
utility.

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx