RE: ** replication remove

  • From: "Polarski, Bernard" <Bernard.Polarski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>,<oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:09:55 +0200

May be I have missed something but if replication of materialized view
is now built in CATPROC and is no more an add on script, so you don't
uninstall this capability.
To stop the replication just remove the snapshot logs, propagator, jobs
related to the propagation and target Mview.

For streams, I paid the hard price to know that removing streams from an
installed DB is done using  oracle distributed 'remove_streams92.plb'
package and is not very good. I can testify that you data dictionary is
corrupted somewhere after it is applied on your DB. If you remove and
reinstall the streams, you will have weird things happening in your
exceptions queues and error messages. Some rules remains pending witch
do not belong to any rule sets and conflict with existing rules.
 It is ok on a test DB, until the pain is too high and you will end with
recreating the DB from scratch. I tried re-run CATPROC and catalog, but
this  does not remove the corruption.

bp

  _____