Re: replace logical exp-imp with transportable tablespace

  • From: "Carel-Jan Engel" <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: restomi_w@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:17:59 +0200 (CEST)

Tomi,

What OS/version are you on? Do you need to make changes to the 2nd
database? If not, you might consider Data Guard Physical Standby.

It allows you to open the 2nd database read-only during the day. At night
you put it in managed recovery mode, and it will resync. This can be done
through sql-scripts/cron. After sync you put it in R/O mode again.

Extra advantage: You have a standby datbase you can use in case of failure
of the primary database.

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
===