Re: rename a database

  • From: genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "Andrew Kerber" <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 14:06:11 -0500

Thanks.

do I need to make any changes in the create controlfile (other than DB
name)?

thank you

224-405-4079

             "Andrew Kerber"
             <andrew.kerber@gm
             ail.com>                                                   To
                                       genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             05/19/2008 02:03                                           cc
             PM                        oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: rename a database

That method still works.

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 1:57 PM, <genegurevich@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hello :

  I need to rename an existing database (10.2.3). In the past (about 10
  years
  ago and oracle 7) I was able to take the create controlfile command
  (via alter database rebuild controlfile to trace), replace the filesystem
  name and the database name with a new instance name, rename
  all the filesystems accordingly, execute the create controlfile command
  and
  be done.

  As I said I have not done it in about 10 years. Can this still be done
  like
  that? Am I missing anything?

  thank you

  Gene Gurevich