Re: removing an object from obj$

  • From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 13:52:52 +0800

Ah...we've all been there.  Like the old days at Uni (college), when you
would add:

alias ls='rm -rf *'

to someone's profile....

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 9:15 PM, Goulet, Richard
<Richard.Goulet@xxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Sounds like even the mighty can on occasion make mistakes.
>
> Long story, made short.  HP customer tech manager pinch hitting on a day
> when things were tight.  Very good person had been to our facility before,
> pulled a few out of the fire that we did not think could be saved.
>  Installed HP Service Guard on a set of servers which took all day for
> various reasons.  At the end he wanted to delete a directory he had created
> off of the root file system called saveme.  Entered at the command prompt:
>
>  Rm -fr /
>
> System obliged.
>
> Richard Goulet
> Senior Oracle DBA/Na Team Leader

Connor McDonald
email: connor_mcdonald@xxxxxxxxx
web:   http://www.oracledba.co.uk

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat"