Re: ** re-insert data in primary key order

  • From: Kirtikumar Deshpande <kedeshpande@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 09:22:30 -0700 (PDT)

If the PK index is used by majority of the queries, those will benefit.
Yes, Oracle will know about the ordered data from the index clustering factor.
I suggest referring to docs/notes that discuss index clustering factor (google
search
will  help your there).
Here is one link I like : http://www.dizwell.com/html/clustering_factor.html

Cheers!