ref cursor question

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 00:02:00 +0000

I am returning REF Cursors to an external interface. I want code to test each
of these procedures. The problem is that these queries often have 25+ columns
in them from several tables.

My test procedure really only needs 1 column to verify the query executes and
so I can trace it to check the plan.

so I am looking for something like

fetch myrefcursor.FIRSTCOLUMNONLY in l_myval

Without having to make a new procedure that either has a ref cursor with just 1
column in the select clause . The problem with this option is that every time I
change a query, I have to change the code in 2 places. This can easily get out
of synch.