RE: reducing LIO's

  • From: "Mercadante, Thomas F" <thomas.mercadante@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx'" <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:19:50 -0500

Jaffar,

There are a lot of things you can do to make this faster.

Have you looked at IOT tables? - Basically an index that contains all of the
data that you need from your query.
Have you looked at Materialized views (summary tables) and have Query
Rewrite take over to reduce IO's?

If you provide more information (like the query and the table structures) we
could help you better.

Tom