Re: recycle and keep buffer in other tablespace block sizes

  • From: "Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco" <jreyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:22:19 -0400

Hi Jurijs please
How do you know in which cache(default,keep,recycle)l is what is in the
cache

I  tested and I don't find a way to know where to find that information.
SQL> CREATE TABLESPACE TBL_2K   DATAFILE 'D:\TEST2K'
  2         SIZE 20M
  3         REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT  640k MAXSIZE UNLIMITED
  4         SEGMENT SPACE MANAGEMENT AUTO
  5         EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL  UNIFORM SIZE 64K BLOCKSIZE 2K;

Tablespace creado.

SQL> CREATE TABLE CTB.TEST2K   (  TEST NUMBER )
  2       TABLESPACE TBL_2K
  3       STORAGE ( BUFFER_POOL KEEP)  CACHE
  4  /

Tabla creada.

SQL> INSERT INTO CTB.TEST2K SELECT ROWNUM FROM DBA_OBJECTS;

29576 filas creadas.

SQL> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM (SELECT * FROM CTB.TEST2K);

  COUNT(*)
----------
     29576

SQL> COMMIT;

Validaci¾n terminada.

SQL> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM (SELECT * FROM CTB.TEST2K);

  COUNT(*)
----------
     29576

SQL> SELECT OBJECT_ID  FROM DBA_OBJECTS WHERE OBJECT_NAME = 'TEST2K';

 OBJECT_ID
----------
     33937

SQL> select status,count(*) from v$bh group by status;

STATU   COUNT(*)
----- ----------
cr            10
free       20484
xcur        3024

SQL> ALTER SYSTEM SET DB_CACHE_ADVICE=ON;

Sistema modificado.

SQL> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM (SELECT * FROM CTB.TEST2K);

  COUNT(*)
----------
     29576

SQL> select distinct name from V$DB_CACHE_ADVICE;

NAME
--------------------
DEFAULT
KEEP
RECYCLE

SQL> create table ctb.test2k_2 (test number ) tablespace tbl_2k;

Tabla creada.

SQL> INSERT INTO CTB.TEST2K_2 SELECT ROWNUM FROM DBA_OBJECTS;

29577 filas creadas.

SQL> SELECT COUNT(*) FROM (SELECT * FROM CTB.TEST2K_2);

  COUNT(*)
     29577