Re: recovery Mental block!

  • From: "David Fitzjarrell" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "oratune@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx" <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>, ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 10:11:11 -0800

You can do that with a primary database:

alter database recover automatic from 'location';

That's not available with standby recovery since you cannot specify a location.

David Fitzjarrell

Principal author, "Oracle Exadata Survival Guide"

On Tuesday, November 4, 2014 7:57 AM, Howard Latham <howard.latham@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Its age I guess I cant remember how to specify an alternate location
for incoming archived logs when rolling forward a database manually.
I really have looked in the doc and Googled but to no avail!
Its something like recover standby database from location;

Help!

Please!

Oracle 11
Redhat 3