Re: "read by other session" scenario

  • From: fmhabash <fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: karlarao@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 18:12:22 -0400

Interesting scenario...
The really alarming stats about this query (*bmm) is that it has to do 219M LIO to update ~3600 rows. With these numbers, why wouldn't you run into this kind of contention issue. Am just wondering, how did you end up addressing this query?

As far as ASH vs. AWR, I've seen it happening under 2 scenarios ...
1) session that initiated query did not list as 'active' and therefore did not show in ash. I've seen queries run and show in awr for session that posted an idle wait event sql*net. 2) sessions executing plsql code where queries spawned from the block show in awr but never in ash.

Those are the 2 scenario I have seen.

Thank you.