Re: range-bound queries

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:49:02 +0100

I think the problem with the code is that it could return the
wrong result as it depends on Oracle using a specific index
in a specific way.

The code towards the end of the response addresses
that issue, though, by including the extra subquery:
 "where ip = (select min(ip) > :bind_ip)"

Even if something goes wrong and Oracle uses an
undesirable access path it will still find the correct
value.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com