RE: racgimon and ORA-25228

  • From: "Herring Dave - dherri" <Dave.Herring@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Alex Gorbachev" <ag@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 22:44:09 -0600

I originally set 10046 directly on the racg sessions using
DBMS_SYSTEM.SET_EV, thinking that'd be the best way to track down this
issue.  When nothing came up, I went with the brute force method of
"ALTER SYSTEM ...".  Sorry, I've left a number of things out that I've
tested and just listed the ones that should have come up with results.

I dumped entries from GV$SQL into a temporary table and could see that
there weren't any statements being run on 10 second intervals, using:

insert into dherri.aud_sql_statements_tb
select loads, executions, last_active_time, parsing_schema_name,
inst_id, sql_text, sql_id
  from gv$sql
 where last_active_time >= sysdate - 12/86400;
exec dbms_lock.sleep(10);

... which I ran the above a number of times.

Oracle insists this isn't an issue.  I'm just frustrated that I can't
find out exactly what's going on.  I'm contemplating getting a copy of
"truss" and running it on the racgimon processes to at least see what's
going on.  Guess I'm getting stubborn. :-)

Dave

David C. Herring, DBA  |   A c x i o m  Delivery Center Organization

630-944-4762 office | 630-430-5988 wireless | 630-944-4989 fax

intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be
legally privileged.

communication is strictly prohibited.

of it from your computer system.

Thank you.