Re: rac one node naming

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TJ Kiernan <tkiernan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 08:58:03 -0600

That would explain it. I have no doubt it is documented some where, but I
havent found it yet.

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 8:55 AM, TJ Kiernan <tkiernan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This is the behavior I’ve seen (11.2 on Windows) as well and assumed it’s
normal. If you intentionally relocate the database (srvctl relocate
database -d <dbname> -n <nodename>), instance_2 will start before
instance_1 stops, but in a failure, instance_1 starts wherever it can.

Unless the 10 day rule is enforced via instance name (_1 vs _2), I don’t
think it’d be a problem. Maybe running instance_2 on node1 looks
confusing, but there shouldn’t be any difference in operation.

Thanks,

T. J.