Re: rac free with standasrd edition?

  • From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 11:05:11 +0100

Yep, it's 2 x 2 = 4 that's the max for RAC on SE. Makes it possible to
license it using the Standard 1 (should be Standard 2 now, since it has
been changed to include boxes that can take a maximum of two processors
:) ) license stuff, which is $6K per CPU (instead of $15K for SE). The
minimum NUP (Named User Plus) is five, so you can probably move down to
a few hundred dollars for a cluster with RAC (although SE, so you won't
be able to use the many EE features, of course).

Mogens