RE: question on standby (LGWR, ASYNC)

  • From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yhe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 23:20:56 +0200

Hi Yerong,
What version are you on? What are your ARCHIVE_LOG_DEST_n settings? Any
clues in alertSID.log or SID_lns.*trc files in your bdump directory?

You can create a fresh lns process by changing your ARCHIVE_LOG_DEST_n
for   the standby with the ALTER SYSTEM command, (e.g. switch from LGWR
to ARCH), perform a log switch, revert to the old ARCHIVE_LOG_DEST_n
settings and perform another logswitch.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Carel-Jan Engel