question on option pack .

  • From: pier paolo Bruno <pbrunoster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 00:00:47 +0100

A customer asked me 2 questions and i am not sure of the answer so i'd ask
your experience
1) they have some instances and they want to disable diagnostic and tuning
pack . Istances are 10.2.0.3 and so there is not init parameter.
On metalink i found that i can disable awr collection or addm but i don't
think it is
sufficient, example, if there are sql profile i imagine I have to drop it.
How can i disable tuning and diagnostic pack and be sure Oracle can not ask
me money ? Have I to disable all management jobs (segment advisor and so
on) ? standard statistic job on 10g too ? I was not able to find answer on
support on what is to disable (they used tuning and diagnostic pack for
years and only now they feel the problem)

2) They have some instances (11.2.0.2) on which the query on support which
tell you what features you are using (based on DBA_FEATURE_USAGE_STATISTICS
)
warns that they are using advanced security. Their development told them
that they don't use it and customer asks us to  disable Advanced security .
I did not find any note that explain how to disable it on 11g . they want
to disable it in any case, even if it is used in some place becouse they
don't want to pay for it and prefer to loose the funcionality

I am even not sure if it is possible to do what they ask us, exspecially
for 2nd  question .
Thanks in advance
Pier Paolo