Re: question on 10.2.0.2.0 Data Guard -- transmit redo data

  • From: "Guang Mei" <gmei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Alex Fatkulin" <afatkulin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:41:00 -0500

Alex,
Thanks for your help. Yes, querying protection_mode gave me MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE. But I was also hoping that somehow I could run a query and it would tell me it is LGWR or ARCH process in that mode. I can indirectly confirm that ARCH process is running (to propagate changes) by dropping all standby redo logs on the standby, and then "alter system switch logfile", to see if changes have been propagated (they were).

BTW, from standby's alert_log, I got:

Mon Jan 19 10:23:17 2009
Completed: alter database recover managed standby database disconnect from session
Mon Jan 19 10:23:59 2009
idle dispatcher 'D000' terminated, pid = (13, 5)
Mon Jan 19 10:25:37 2009
RFS[1]: No standby redo logfiles created
RFS[1]: Archived Log: '/d10/oradata/ES_PROD/ARCH/1_18_673284179.arc'
Mon Jan 19 10:25:42 2009
Media Recovery Log /d10/oradata/ES_PROD/ARCH/1_18_673284179.arc

So I assume that confirms RFS is using ARCH.

Guang

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alex Fatkulin" <afatkulin@xxxxxxxxx>