question about oracle shared home install

  • From: sundar mahadevan <sundarmahadevan82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 12:30:54 -0400

Hi All,

Scenario: I'm trying to install 9i rac on a 2 node cluster on OCFS2
OS: Oracle enterprise linux

To my understanding, OCFS2 supports shared home installs which to my
knowledge is not only can i have datafile and control files but also
clustermanager files and binaries (pretty much everything: no files or
executables need to kept local to any nodes). I have one single shared
file for $ORACLE_HOME/oracm/admin/cmcfg.ora for both the nodes.

cat cmcfg.ora
ClusterName=Oracle Cluster Manager, version 9i
MissCount=620
PrivateNodeNames=sunny1prv sunny2prv
PublicNodeNames=sunny1pub sunny2pub
ServicePort=9998
CmDiskFile=/u01/oradata/orcl/cmquorumfile
HostName=sunny1pub
KernelModuleName=hangcheck-timer

I started cluster manager on node1 with the value of
HostName=sunny1pub  Now to start the cluster manager on node2, the
value of HostName should be sunny2pub. What do i do now? Do i have the
cluster manager files separate or am i missing out something ? Any
help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.