Re: question about dbms_syste.set_sql_trace_in_session

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mladen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 10:38:41 -0500

In version 10, one doesn't need to use dbms_support (although the file to
create it exists),
there is the following procedure:

DBMS_MONITOR.SESSION_TRACE_ENABLE(
    session_id   IN  BINARY_INTEGER DEFAULT NULL,
    serial_num   IN  BINARY_INTEGER DEFAULT NULL,
    waits        IN  BOOLEAN DEFAULT TRUE,
    binds        IN  BOOLEAN DEFAULT FALSE)

If the application sets MODULE and ACTION fields by using DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO
package,
one can trace all clients which execute that particular module automagically,
by using the following:

DBMS_MONITOR.SERV_MOD_ACT_STAT_ENABLE(
   service_name    IN VARCHAR2,
   module_name     IN VARCHAR2,
   action_name     IN VARCHAR2 DEFAULT ALL_ACTIONS);

and there is a similar procedure for CLIENT_ID, setable from both
DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO and
DBMS_SESSION. That is the very same client_id from V$SESSION that is also being
used for
fine grain access control (FGAC). The only thing missing is the possibility to
set up
trace identifier, so that the trace files could be easily distingusihed among
by using "grep".

So, event 10046 is no longer necessary, the tracing mechanism can do that with
the usual SQL_TRACE.