RE: query delay

  • From: "Siva Valiveru" <SValiveru@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Randy.Steiner@xxxxxxxx>, <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 13:49:20 -0700

When this is happening what are the top wait events from the AWR report.

If you have not enabled awr stats collection do that at a 10-15  min
frequency.
exec dbms_workload_repository.modify_snapshot_settings(retention=>10080,
interval=> 10);
/* for 10 min snapshots */

If you have problem(slowness) at say at 12.03 AM, take a AWR report from
12.00 and 12:10 and see what the top 5 waits, compare with good timing
waits, that may show some light on further debugging.