Re: pros and cons (now: KEEP INDEX)

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 20:24:29 -0500

On 04/01/2004 08:08:04 PM, Connor McDonald wrote:
> Has anyone come up with a reason why you'd want the concept of a KEEP INDEX
> option?  Consider the
> scenarios

Connor, I have to confess, I looked that option up in the SQL reference manual
when
you mentioned it and, quite frankly, I don't know where to use it. If I want to
drop
unique constraint, then I don't want to leave the mechanism that enforces it in
place.
The only guys who will find that option useful are the authors of "advanced
SQL" books
and the teachers of advanced SQL courses.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA