production service stopping - head stratcher...

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 12:23:50 -0800 (PST)

  The OracleServicexxx service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1
time(s).

  Faulting application oracle.exe, version 9.2.0.6, faulting module
kernel32.dll, version 5.2.3790.2919, fault address 0x00015e02.

  Windows 2003
  9.2.0.6

  My production service on Window 2003 is stopping intermediately with the
errors above.  There are no trace files, no core dumps, nothing from the
hardware, nothing except those errors in the event view.

  It happens frequently on Tuesdays at 6:00 ish but not always.  I can't track
it to any one user or process that might
  be doing this.

  I do have an SR open with Oracle and haven't gotten anywhere.

  I have deleted the service, bounced the box, recreated the service and
rebounced the box.

  Nothing has been done to this box except for the normal windows patches.

  Anybody run into this before?  This has been very stable for us and we do
reboot the box every 2 months or so to update the microsoft patches.

  Thanks,

  Kathy