problem starting oc2b for ocfs2

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:12:37 +0000

Centos 4.5 in vmware server ona  windows xp box. Following dizwell.com
instructions for setting up RAC.

was not able to use my ocfs2console, so I manually tried starting the o2cb

[root@owner-0d4d0311f init.d]# /etc/init.d/o2cb start
Mounting configfs filesystem at /config: OK
Mounting ocfs2_dlmfs filesystem at /dlm: OK
Starting O2CB cluster ocfs2: Failed
Cluster ocfs2 created
o2cb_ctl: Configuration error discovered while populating cluster ocfs2.  None
of its nodes were considered local.  A node is considered local when its node
name in the configuration matches this machine's host name.

I found this, but I thought the ocfs2console is what populates the ocfs.conf?

http://dba.shilpatech.com/rac.html

"What if you want to change the IP address of your host how do you make
the cluster work ?
o2cb_ctl: Configuration error discovered while populating cluster ocfs2. None
o f its nodes were considered local. A node is considered local when its node
nam e in the configuration maches this machine's host name.
Just ensure that the host name in /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf matches the hostname
of the computer."

I thought the ocfs2console is supposed to setup the ocfs2.conf, when I look at
the ocfs.conf there is nothing in it:

[root@owner-0d4d0311f init.d]# cat /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf
cluster:
node_count = 0