Re: problem sending long email message from oracle

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:48:02 -0500 (CDT)

Hi Inessa,

> I am having problem sending our emails from oracle stored procedure (using
> utl_smtp package).
> For a large email messages, message body is getting truncated to 1000
> characters. I am on 10gR2.

Take a look at the now-aging maildemo.sql from OTN at:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/tech/pl_sql/htdocs/Utl_Smtp_Sample.html

It's very straightforward and easy to use (as easy as can be expected
anyway).  I use a slightly modified version of it extensively in our 10gR1
databases.

I customized the BOUNDARY values as well as added CC and BCC capability.
One bug/oversight I found with it is that there is no MIME-Version record
included when sending multipart emails, which MS Exchange and/or Outlook
seem to require (RFC822 perhaps?).  It was a quick fix.

HTH!  GL!

Rich