Re: problem running dbca

  • From: stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Hollis, Les" <Les.Hollis@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 22:51:40 +0100

On 4/28/05, Hollis, Les <Les.Hollis@xxxxxx> wrote:
> You know,  I have an install of SuSE 8.0  that I installed 9.2.0.1 on
> top of and had absolutely NO problems with it...
>=20
> Guess it's the later releases f Linux (9.0 etc ) that just don't like to
> play together....
>=20

IIRC SuSE 8.0 was one that a release of SuSE ES was based on so Oracle
certified for the ES release would have a better chance of working on
that than on another release.  As I recall I tried it on SuSE 8.1
Professional and got a similar error to the one you reported.=20
Similarly Oracle 9i1 wouldn't run on RedHat 7.3 but I'm told it will
work (with some fiddling) on RedHat 7.0.

It's often down to which libraries get installed.

Stephen
--=20