Re: problem running dbca

  • From: Sean Hull <shull@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 04:31:19 -0400 (EDT)

> that than on another release.  As I recall I tried it on SuSE 8.1
> Professional and got a similar error to the one you reported.=20
> Similarly Oracle 9i1 wouldn't run on RedHat 7.3 but I'm told it will
> work (with some fiddling) on RedHat 7.0.
>
> It's often down to which libraries get installed.

Yup, tis true.  I think only the RH AS + ES 2.x, 3.x are actually
supported.  ANd on that note, those who use these distros of RH will find
CENTOS very useful: http://centos.org/

Though they can't mention RedHat on their site (and these wouldn't be
supported distros for Oracle per se) they're 100% compatible rebuilds from
the same source and build for each version of RH ES/AS released.  Usually
comes out a day or two after.  Good stuff if you need it in a hurry,
though it's probably not a bad idea to support RH for their package/build
efforts.

Sean

--
Sean Hull, Senior Consultant
Heavyweight Internet Group

Sean Hull, founder and senior consultant of Heavyweight Internet Group
is the author of O'Reilly and Associates "Oracle and Open Source"
bridging Open Source software and integration with the world's best
performing database, Oracle. http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/oracleopen/