Re: problem getting rid of an undo tablespace

  • From: david wendelken <davewendelken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:30:13 -0800 (PST)

I have a problem with one of the files in my undo tablepace.

Given that there are not any transactions to undo, it seemed simplest to just
drop the file.
But I haven't been able to get the database to let me do that.

So, I created a 2nd undo tablespace with the intention of taking the first off
line and then dropping it.
But I haven't been able to get the database to let me take it off line.

I found a parameter in my spfile called "undo_tablespace" which was set to the
old tablespace.
I shut down the database, changed the entry to point to the new tablespace, but
the database would not open up.

Any ideas on how to clear out the corrupted undo tablespace file?

Thanks in advance!