Re: privileges in non-production

  • From: kathy duret <katpopins21@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 07:26:54 -0700 (PDT)

I don't because grant them any special priviledges

  I need to know what the developers are up to... this keeps me in the loop, I
have to have all the scripts anyway to put new columns, etc into production.
It is more work at first but I find in the long run it is less work for me
since I don't have to redo stuff later.

  for instance, if they put a column on and define it poorly, write the code
around it and I find out just before it goes into production and want to change
it, often I have to accept this crap because they are under a time crunch to
get it in.  Versus if I had to do if from the start and have the do it
correctly from the start, I don't have the issue later on down the line and in
production!

  My 2.5 cents worth (have to charge extra to make up for the price of gas)

  Kathy Duret

Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
      Wondering what other people do in granting privileges to developers in
non-production.  Do you grant system (update any table) privilege or privilege
to the individual tables.

  Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority
1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113

countries) for 2¢/min or less.