Re: predicting performance of sql loading a 400 GB file

  • From: Nigel Thomas <nigel_cl_thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 02:48:40 -0800 (PST)

Ryan

I simply don't know what the scaling effects might be - therefore I would have
to assume they might not be linear. That would suggest that you should try
several values and plot them. 0.25% seems a very small sample to me - 10% might
be more like it - so why not try at values like: 10, 20, 40, 80Gb and see what
happens?

Of course that's not to say there's no chance of some scaling effect coming
into play at 100, 200 or 399Gb that you weren't expecting.

Regards Nigel