Re: powerpath, 11gr2, and ASM on sun Sparc

  • From: Harel Safra <harel.safra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 21:06:39 +0200

Up to 11.1 (including) you needed the voting disks and OCR disks to be the
same. In 11.2 you can store them in ASM so that's not needed. I've run many
Linux servers with 10g RAC on them that only had the voting/OCR identical
and the data disks different. I've also installed 11.2 cluster with no
regard to disk order.

What do you mean by "until we got asm headers stepped on"?

Harel Safra