Re: point in time recovery when there is no backup ?

  • From: TESTAJ3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 14:45:59 -0500

Well for all intents and purposes, point in time recovery has to have a
point to start and roll forward from there, with no backup, you dont have
a starting point.

I say that because you can do rewinding of databases now using Flashback
DB, but unless you set that up and have all of the flashback logs to where
in time you want to rewind to,

I think you're completely out of luck.

joe

_______________________________________
Joe Testa, Oracle Certified Professional
Senior Engineering & Administration Lead
(Work) 614-677-1668
(Cell) 614-312-6715

From:
Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
To:
Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:
02/02/2011 02:43 PM
Subject:
point in time recovery when there is no backup ?
Sent by:
oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear List,

I have an Oracle database configured in Archivelog mode running for the
past couple months. Unfortunately, there is no backup has been taken so
far, however, I am in need to clone the database back in time. Is this
possible I can duplicate this database back in time? Any points suggestion
would be a great help.

Regards,

Jaffar