Re: pl/sql to be desupported in favour of java? (not!)

  • From: Alaxsxaq <alaxsxaq@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mwf@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:51:19 -0500

On 12/15/06, Mark W. Farnham <mwf@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Until "someone" has a name, and unless that name is Larry Ellison, you can
be pretty sure the root of the rumor is a competitor of Oracle attempting to
create fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

Well, when Oracle first put Java in the database, I remember clearly words
to the effect that Java would replace PL/SQL coming out of Larry Ellison's
mouth.  I believe it was during Oracle OpenWorld - I can't remember the last
year, but I recall it being in Los Angeles.  There was some controversy
about Ellison's statements back then and I think it was Ray Lane who quickly
assured everyone that Java was not seen as a replacement for PL/SQL.

--Glenn