Re: pl/sql to be desupported in favour of java? (not!)

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 03:22:11 -0500

On 12/15/2006 11:09:59 PM, Mark W. Farnham wrote:
> Until "someone" has a name, and unless that name is Larry Ellison, you can
> be pretty sure the root of the rumor is a competitor of Oracle attempting to
> create fear, uncertainty, and doubt.

A gentleman by the name of Tom Kyte has had a presentation entitled "PL/SQL new
features in
Oracle 11g" on NYOUG on 12/14/2006 at St. John University. Unfortunately, I
couldn't make it but
I was able to catch always delightful Michael Abbey. I heard that Tom's
presentation was excellent,
as always. The fact that Tom Kyte, an executive VP of Oracle Corp. has had a
presentation about
the new PL/SQL features in Oracle 11g is a sure fire proof that PL/SQL is
getting abandoned
in favor of C# in the database. The official announcement will be made on
4/1/2007, together with
announcing the retirement of Larry Ellison in 2008\9. The new CEO and president
of Oracle Corp.
will be Dick Cheney.

--
Mladen Gogala