Re: plan_table performance

  • From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: kp0773@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:33:15 -0700

Is it the parsing, i.e. creating t he explain plan, that is slow or displaying a plan from the plan_table? Given the waits you show I am inclined to assume the former. That also would explain why adding an index to plan_table didn't do anything for performance.

At 08:35 AM 12/17/2009, K  R wrote:
These are the waits  i am observing

library cache lock   lock address 100*mode+namespace
row cache lock       cache id     request

On Thu, Dec 17, 2009 at 7:25 AM, K R <<mailto:kp0773@xxxxxxxxx>kp0773@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
All,

In one of the database when I run the explain plan it takes a while before I get the plan output . so I created a index on statement_id . but still no luck.
Anyone have any idea on how to resolve this .

Appreciate any suggestions!

TIA

Kar

Regards