Re: pga_aggregate_target

  • From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh.raja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:02:15 +0100

We Noticed one Problem with Pga_Aggregate_Target Set on a Solaris Box
and Oracle Identified it as a Bug and asked us to Upgrade to 9.2.0.5

Not able remember the Support Note out of the top of my head .. But u
can search metalink for the same.

HTH

Cheers,
Ganesh R

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:27:12 -0700, jared.still@xxxxxxxxxxx
<jared.still@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Has anyone used this parameter in 9i (9.2.0.4).  I
> > have a real turkey of a vended application that is a
> > resource hog.  The queries have too many outer joins,
> > select distincts and minus's to count.  Usually, all
> > in the same query.
> >
> > With no control over the application, if this
> > parameter works as advertised, this seems like a good
> > place to use it.
> >
> > Any experiences or thoughts?
> >
> Hi Pete,
>
> We're using it on out SAP databases.  No problems.
>
> Here are some scripts I used to gauge where to set
> the initial target value.
>
> http://www.cybcon.com/~jkstill/util/scripts/pga_target.html
>
> HTH
>
> Jared

To read recent messages - //freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/09-2004