Re: perl and dba

  • From: Chris Dunscombe <cdunscombe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "rjjanuary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rjjanuary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx" <fuzzy.graybeard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 08:47:41 +0000 (GMT)

I too prefer Python with cx_oracle. I find Python so much easier to read and
maintain compared to perl.
Chris

Python, numpy, matplotlib, and cx_oracle have become "must haves" on my
laptop. At this point I've at least broken even on the amount of time
spent learning python vs the time I've saved using it and it's modules.

I respect perl as a language, but it's not for me.  At times I found it
difficult to maintain scripts if I didn't revisit them regularly.  As a
crutch I ended up with a gratuitous amount of in line comments.  I don't
seem to have the same issue with python.