perl DBD::Oracle and external password store

  • From: "Wang, Tao" <twang@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:34:29 -0500

I am trying to use perl DBI to connect oracle databases using the secure
external password store introduced in oracle 10gR2. It works great when
I use sqlplus connect after setting up the wallet and sqlnet.ora. And
jdbc thick driver [jdbc:oracle:oci8] seems to be working fine with
external password store as well.  but I can not get it to work using
perl DBI module, and I keep getting invalid username/password, or
invalid names ...  Does anyone know if the perl DBI/DBD module work with
external password store? Anyone has some experience with it? Any
suggestion is great appreciated!

I tried it on DBD:ORACLE version: 1.15   DBI version: 1.42 with oracle
10g2 client installed.

Thanks,

Tao