RE: performance when inserting into child tables

  • From: Jared.Still@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:37:48 -0700

"The lack of indexes for the FK's will cause a share lock to be taken
out on the child table when ever the parent is deleted or updated."
The most recent Oracle class I took said that in 9i, this lock on the
child
table is taken and released immediately.  Supposedly to speed the process
up
a bit.

-----

I did consider that this might have changed in 9i.

The posted didn't mention a version, so I didn't pursue it.

Have you tested to see if this is what happens in 9i?

Jared