Re: performance of redo with CIO option on AIX JFS2 filesystem.

  • From: Anand Rao <panandrao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 15:38:09 +0530

Hi,

any idea what version of Oracle that you are using :-)

thanks for the info...

well, there is a lot of debate on 'log file sync' and 'log file parallel
write' and there is timing bug too. Look at BUG: 2669566.

look at http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/log_file_writes.html

also, what was your setting for disk_async_io, filesystemio_options and
_lgwr_async_io?

did you modify any of these?

thanks

anand