pdksh on CentOS -5

  • From: Fernando José Andrade <jotawolf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 22:36:36 +0200

Hi.

Centos it's not only binary equivalent but also kernel numbering equivalent
with RedHat, this is pretty usefull for trying out new feautures on 11gR2
like ACFS and ADVM, which are for now only supported in Rehat Linux (and
OEL?).
It's only needed a tweak with the /etc/redhat-release /etc/issue and a file
in /temp.

I found this blogposts from Ivan Kartik really usefull in explaining how to
tweak Centos for supporting what I mention before.

http://ivan.kartik.sk/index.php?show_article=49
http://ivan.kartik.sk/oracle/install_ora11gR2_elinux.html

And for the packages, they're on the disks. I mainly use Centos for my VMs
so I really know.

Regards

FJA

--