patchset installation

  • From: "Steiner, Randy" <Randy.Steiner@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 15:37:51 -0400

on rhel I am running 10.2.0.1 and want to apply patchset 10.2.0.2
Here is what I am running into when I run the Oracle Installer:

1. clicking on installed products or Deinstall Products tells me there
are no installed products
2. clicking on the next button tells me "Unable to create a new central
inventory at location....."
3. If I point the inventory to a new location, the drop down button for
Name and Path is greyed out, telling me that the installer does not see
the current crs and db installation.

I have set my environmental variables and check that I am logged in as
Oracle.

Also, since crs and db are bundled together in the patchset, how do I
upgraded the crs first?

thanks
Randy