Re: ** pass array

  • From: Michael Boligan <michael.boligan.b@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:22:49 -0500

Better yet, here are a few examples from the expert, Tom Kite.

http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ResultSets/index.html

|         |           A Joshi           |
|         |           <ajoshi977@xxxxxxx|
|         |           om>               |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           oracle-l-bounce@fr|
|         |           eelists.org       |
|         |           03/25/2004 05:44  |
|         |           PM                |
|         |           Please respond to |
|         |           oracle-l          |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |       To:       oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                          |
  |       cc:
                                          |
  |       Subject:  Re: ** pass array
                                          |

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Thanks Michael. Can you tell me how ref cursor can be used to pass data from GUI
to SP? I am using ref cursor to pass data from SP to GUI.

Michael Boligan <michael.boligan.b@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Look into ref cursors.

 | | A Joshi |
 | | | | om> |
 | | Sent by: |
 | | oracle-l-bounce@fr|
 | | eelists.org |
 | | |
 | | |
 | | 03/25/2004 01:37 |
 | | AM |
 | | Please respond to |
 | | oracle-l |
 | | |
 >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

 | |
 | To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx |
 | cc: |
 | Subject: ** pass array |
 >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

 Hi,
 Can some one tell me how to pass a array to a procedure when I run the
 procedure at sqlplus with pl/sql block of a declare begin end.
 I have a procedure that is going to accept as input a set of parameters and a
 array. IT will insert a row in a parent table with the values of parameters and
 it will insert multiple rows into a child table with values in the array. Help
 Examples if any appreciated. What I am doing is
 1) declare a array p_array in the pl/sql block and initialize it
 2) p_array.extend
 3) p_array(1).col1 := 'caleval'; p_array(1).col2 := 'caleval2'; so on

 Then apssing it. Howeveer in the SP I am getiing numeric or value error when
 inerting them to a table. I did check all the variables and they seem to have
 the values. Same values if I use to insert in sql works fine. So is there a
 catch? Does any one
 have similar case? Thanks

 Thanks

 Do you Yahoo!?