** pass array

  • From: A Joshi <ajoshi977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:37:08 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
  Can some one tell me how to pass a array to a procedure when I run the
procedure at sqlplus with pl/sql block of a declare begin end.
   I have a procedure that is going to accept as input a set of parameters and
a array. IT will insert a row in a parent table with the values of parameters
and it will insert multiple rows into a child table with values in the array.
Help Examples if any appreciated. What I am doing is
1) declare a array p_array in the pl/sql block and initialize it
2) p_array.extend
3) p_array(1).col1 := 'caleval';  p_array(1).col2 := 'caleval2'; so on

Then apssing it. Howeveer in the SP I am getiing numeric or value error when
inerting them to a table. I did  check all the variables and they seem to have
the values. Same values if I use to insert in sql works fine. So is there a
catch? Does any one
 have similar case? Thanks

Thanks