partitioning

  • From: "Zelli, Brian" <Brian.Zelli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l-freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 09:15:47 -0500

Ok folks it's been awhile since I had to partition.  So the user wants the
partition done once a month (for now) based on values in a column.  He wants to
keep active-type records current and partition off completed or cancelled
records.  So basically I would set up a script to run on the 1st that would
look at the values and just partition off correct?

ciao,
Brian

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or
agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and
delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.