RE: parsing puzzle

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joe A-C <jwc7744@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 14:32:12 -0700

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that your AWR reports are misleading you or
that AWR/Statspack reports are "bad" in general - I use them regularly myself
and often find them to be very useful.  They might even be pointing you in the
right direction here.  I was simply trying to caution you that they can be
misleading.  I only skimmed your original post this morning and can't remember
the specifics and am too busy to review it, but from the quick glance I gave
it, it just looked to me like you might have been making some invalid
assumptions that could be leading you off track so I was merely recommending
how I would approach the issue in general, not even addressing your main
questions, which I believe were about parsing and latching issues.

Regards,
Brandon